welcome

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Glowing on a Weekday

It's a Wednesday night and my husband says that I'm Glowing. What brought on this sudden radiance you may ask? I have three words for you: Women's Bible Study. I have to back track a little bit. I may not have mentioned this before, but I'm the wife of a Minister/Seminary student. My Husband Aaron is heavily invovled in Ministry. From helping out with college and youth groups at church, to working on his Music project, to pursuing  a Masters of Divinity degree with an emphasis in Apologetics, the man lives and breathes for God! (A man who loves God is always a good thing, wink wink) And while I admired his passion, I found myself  feeling a little left out. I wanted to become apart of  daily church activities too. Since moving to Georgia, I had found myself consumed with all things domestic. I have had my hands SO busy with my family endeavors, that Sundays had become a "let's see how long the kids will sit quietly" day. I had taught a Women's bible study in college for almost three years, and was born and raised actively in church, so I knew exactly what I was missing out on. I decided that this year, along with my family goals, I would take the time to nurture my desire for more personal quality time with God. I stepped out on Faith and found a Women's Bible Study not too far from my home.(My church  has one, but they only meet a few times a year, and I wanted something more consistent). Tonight was the first night I attended and it was GREAT (smile) It was exactly what I needed. I left the kids at home and for an hour and a half just focused on being a woman of God.  What's really great is that by going to a different church for bible study, I'm able to make new friends and since my family is already heavily committed to our church, I can just come and fellowship with other women that love God. I can't tell you how liberating that is. It's just refreshing knowing that I have an opportunity to go where I'm just me. I'm also excited that the Bible study is based on materials by Beth Moore. While I'm very familiar with Beth moore(she's so popular it's hard not to know about her)  I had never read any of her books (it was on my forever to-do list) It's just the beginning, but I know that I'm in the right place and the right time....I'm really looking forward to the new things that God has in store for me. From insight to fellowship, I have every reason to Glow with possibility.......and that Dear readers, is definitely a lovely thought.

If you want to know more about Beth moore or her books, you can go to http://www.cbd.com/
*Don't forget to enter my giveaway here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow

My Favorites