welcome

Friday, January 1, 2010

Show and Tell Friday 2010: A touch of ornate decor

Happy 2010! I am definitely feeling blessed this New Year! I am sharing a few of my favorite decorative pieces around my home for Cindy's Show and Tell Fridays. I admit, I've always been attracted to lavishly, ornate pieces. Blame it on the French Musical GiGi. When I saw the Aunt's home, I knew that was exactly how I wanted to live. Well, Thank God I have a whole New Year to pursue that dream,Wink Wink. Until then, here are a few things that I've collected. I've only shown a couple, but it's my favorites.

Isn't this piece Beautiful? It looks smaller on the picture but It's actually  quite large. For years I used it above my headboard for a little bit of Romantic whimsy.


This was a real find. I just bought it over the Holidays while shopping with my Mother-in-Love, Cindy. I Love how it matches My wall grill in the picture above. (I haven't bought candles yet, but that's another story and another shopping trip. wink)


A pretty Journal for the New Year. Beautiful thoughts deserve a beautiful place to be preserved.


Such a pretty way to add fragrance to the room. Smells Heavenly, looks Divine.




My Absolute Favorite! We used this decorative birdcage in our wedding reception. When I found it at an home decor store, Kirklands, I knew I had to have it. This piece was orginally white, but I spray painted it to match our theme and colors: Silver and Gold. We had a little picture of ourselves hanging from a swing I created with a scroll that said " Love Birds". I removed some of the decorative elements to make it more refined for our home, but it's still a gorgeous reminder of one of the happiest days of my life. (I love the glass table that we purchased for it too..)


I know ladies don't match their shoes with their bags anymore, but I couldn't help matching my curtains with my ornate embellishments, lol. A little over the top, but so am I, so it works.

I hope you enjoyed my little tour. Don't forget to see what the other ladies are showing at Cindy's Show and Tell Fridays, and if you haven't already, don't forget to enter my New Giveaway!Here
It's a New Year, Make it a Lovely one!

8 comments:

  1. Why not match?! I love it all! Thanks for sharing....


    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun items- I absolutely love the birdcage! I have a small one, but passed up one in an antique store and could now kick myself. Maybe I will find one again someday. So nice to meet you; I will have to come back later and see what you have in your archives. I am taking a much needed break from cooking for a dinner party tomorrow. I like to get as much done ahead of time as I can. Happy New Year to you!
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the birdcage. I've seen others use the same thing, so it must be "in" right now. Hope your New Year is wonderful@!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great iron finds you have! I really like the look of birdcages, I have yet to find one, I want an OLD one. Hugs, Cindy S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful things! Love the bird cage and that it was from your wedding. Both of my children used mine in their weddings. I love the memories it holds.
    Happy New Year...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those curtains are insanely beautiful and so detailed. I love anything embroidered, embelished, brocaded. It just screams look at me.

    Thanks for the view lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! i love how you used the birdcage for your wedding! great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

My Favorites