welcome

Monday, January 11, 2010

Meals with Morals: Warm with Love

I've always felt that waiters and cooks should be treated nicely. It is the golden rule afterall, but I admit to having another reason for why I go out of my way for people in the food service industry: Taste. I believe that when people are angry and upset, you can taste it in the food.I also believe the opposite is true. When people lovingly prepare a meal, you can taste it.  I know what you're probably thinking "Is she serious?" Absolutely. My Family is full of great cooks, both male and female. My parents and grandparents, Aunts and Uncles,Mother and Siser-in love, are excellent cooks and almost every family member has a specialty dish.Everything from homemade Rotini to triple layer lemon cake, it's a delicious family tree to be apart of. It really doesn't matter if your home is full of chefs (or not) it's the feelings behind it all. A rotisserie chicken from the grocery store with ready made potato salad tastes like a feast when it's presented with a sincere smile of hospitality.There's no restaurant that can ever compare to food made by the loving hands of people that care about you (but being kind to those who are serving you does help).I recently made a meal from my favorite cookbook : Taste of Homes 2001 Annual recipes. It was given to me the year that I got married, and it's filled to the brim with recipes from other everyday cooks, so it works out great. My Mommy is in town  and after eating the meal, she exclaimed" I don't think I've ever eat as much as I do whenever I visit you. I can taste the love in every bite". This coming from not only a great cook,  but a family member warmed my heart. Well, here is the recipe. Hope it'll fill someone up with love...just a thought, but a Lovely one.




Warm you up Sausage Quiche

1 comment:

  1. hey friend! what a wonderful post! that looks so yummy my mouth is watering! the link for the recipe doesnt seem to be working or it could be me! i would love to make it!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

My Favorites