welcome

Monday, November 16, 2009

An Early Thanksgiving


It's that time again dear reader, time for the Holidays. Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and the shadow of Christmas is at our doorsteps. It's been recognized as the most wonderful time of year. My favorite Holiday is actually Easter, but Thanksgiving and Christmas is undeniably a magical time. Today I was thinking about the movie "It's a Wonderful life". When I was a child, you couldn't escape this movie. It was on almost every channel. This is the timeless story of George Bailey, who becomes depressed and discouraged while evalutating his life circumstances on Christmas Eve. An Angel helps him to realize that he has positively impacted the lives of many of those in his family and community in ways that he never imagined.  I love this story. It's as relevant today as it was in the 1940's. A good story is  a good story. This one had me thinking of all of the wonderful people in my life that I am truly thankful for. One of them is my great friend, my God sister Makda. We met in High school and have been friends ever since. She's two years older than me, and has always been a great big sister to me( I come from a  family of all brothers). Well, it was Makda that recommended the college that I  attended. I had never been out of Chicago in my life, and had never even heard of Big Rapids, Michigan. Thanks to Makda's referral to the school, I met my college sweetheart, who later  in life became my husband. In many ways, she gave the gift of love, sisterhood, and friendship. I think it's nice to ponder where our lives would be without certain meetings, friendships, and relationships. Of course the most important relationship I have is with God. I'm very thankful for the people who he choose to place in my life, and I have that relationship because of two loving, Christian parents. Who do you have in your life that you are thankful for? It's always good to be thankful........it's even better to let the person know it. Just a thought, but a lovely one.

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet story about your sweet friend! i love looking back and seeing the way God has planted things in my life! of course, i am thankful for my hubby and kids! i hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

My Favorites