welcome

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Then and Now.......Happily Ever After


I never expected to find the Love of my life at College. As a matter of fact, I never planned on leaving Chicago at all. It's funny the way God works things out. Well, although Aaron and I made our marriage commitment early, it's been one of the best decisions of our life. So many people tell us that our marriage is inspirational. All I know is that Fairy tales are something that is created on a daily basis. What takes an author months or weeks to write, takes a lifetime to achieve. I remember once asking my Husband (then fiance') about his sunny disposition (Seriously, he's one of happiest people that I know) It seemed to me that he  just had to be born that way. His answer was simple, but I've never forgotten it :"Things happen to me like everyone else, but I choose to be happy. I refuse to let things get my day down". I can't tell you how many times that we've been thrown curveballs in life and the combination of our Faith in God, and Aaron's wonderful sense of humor, and laid-back disposition has helped us to get through it. I don't know what happened to Cinderella after she married Prince Charming, but I got one of the best friends of my Life. Now that our story has grown to include 2 Princes of our own, I guess we've started our Chapter two in life. I can't tell you how surprised I was the other day while waiting at the school bus stop with Micah and he said out of the blue " Mommy, when I grow up I'm going to be friends with Bria and then marry her because that's what you and Daddy did". A first grader already contemplating Matrimony? lol. The touching  part was seeing how a marriage functions through the eyes of a six year old. So simple, yet it makes perfect sense. Most people today are looking for a sure-fire remedy to a successful marriage. Anything that starts with a love of God has the makings of a good ending, for the Bible says in Roman 8:28 All things work together for the good to them that love God... I think Happily ever after starts in the day to day decisions that you make. Today's good thoughts and actions turn into Tomorrow's Great Memories....Just a Thought. I Love you Pooh

*Things we do for our Marriage
We try to never go to bed angry. Try as we may, we can't stay mad at each other! lol,
We always say "I Love You", even if we're just going to the store.
We always apologize quickly, We try not to carry today's mistakes and offenses into tomorrow's happiness.
We always end the day talking, and of course laughing.
Most Importantly, we put God first in everything we do. We may not know the answers, but he always does and it's comforting to know that the success of you marriage doesn't rest solely on your individual shoulders.  People always say that two join together, but I believe three works out alot better, with God right in the center.

Great Books:
Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
A Wife after God's own heart: 12 Things that really matter in Your Marriage by Elizabeth George
Light for my path: Daily Devotions for Couples 365 Inspirational Readings by HumbleCreek

2 comments:

  1. great article!! I hope to be like you and Aaron when I grow up. lol...(this is Dasen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful article...great encouragement for young couples.

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

My Favorites