welcome

Monday, December 28, 2009

My Goodness!


My Goodness! It feels like I've been gone forever! lol. I've just been wrapping up a very blessed and eventful holiday break with my family, so I haven't had time to write. I missed it! It's such a wonderful release and I truly love sharing my thoughts with others. Okay, I have been doing a little shopping.....smile, but hey, can you blame me? The sales have been great! I also didn't really have any Christmas requests (other than a magazine subscription or two,wink wink). I just enjoyed family time. I also made my very FIRST turkey! yeah me! I know what some of you may be thinking. I've been married 8 years and never made a turkey? well.... Aaron's never been a big turkey fan. Every year when I would ask him what he wanted to eat for the Holidays, he would say Prime Rib, Roasted chicken, or Ham. We also juggled alot of holidays with family so, I never really had the opportunity. This year a friend of Aaron's gifted us with one and he decided it would be great so......24 lbs of Turkey(HUGE!) a few sprinkles of poultry seasoning and herbs, and 6 hours later. voila! I have a picture of the turkey cooked halfway through (sorry you didn't get to see the finished product). Aaron was SO proud of the way it turned out. He kept commenting on how juicy and tender it was. The real seal of approval was when my Mother-in-Love, Cindy was impressed.  I love to cook and to try new recipes and I'm already thinking of combining  some of my "experiments" with all of you, my dear blog friends, but we'll chat about that later. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking "Wow! This year has really flown by!". I honestly have to say that there has been so much going on. My reflections of these last few days of 2009 are that life  IS short, and you have to make the most of each day. As my boys childhood seems to be marching by and my wedding anniversaries are increasing, I'm taking the time out to truly be appreciate of what I have....God, family, friends, and wonderful memories. There are bound to be many changes in 2010, but for the moment, I'm trying to be content in all things,as they are, right now....Just a thought, but a Lovely one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow

My Favorites