welcome

Monday, December 21, 2009

The world's best Spiced Chai



I can't really tell you when I first fell in Love with Tea. Both of my parents were Strong coffee drinkers. I made so many cups for them throughout the years that I could have taught Starbucks a thing or two. I've never been a java girl, so I would substitute with tea. I can distinctly remember when I discovered Spiced Chai, my favorite tea. I was working at a large specialty store in Downtown Chicago. As you know, I'm an avid reader and there was a bookstore next door. The kind that had a little cafe inside. I remember going in for a quick muffin and possibly juice when I glanced at the menu board above and saw "Spiced Chai".  I had never heard of it, but it sounded delicious and when they asked if I wanted whipped cream,well......from that day forward I was sold! I can remember stopping in for  breakfast or lunch, picking up an international Fashion magazine ( my other weakness) and going back to work.It was a time in my life when I felt SO mature. I was 19, working at a posh store,drinking Chai and eating a croissant every morning with strawberry jam. Oh, I use to wear all black too.Not the gothic  kind, but the Audrey Hepburn type. How chic of a teenager was I?lol. Anywhoo, back to the tea. There are just so many wonderful feelings that I get whenever I drink that tea. It reminds me of a very happy period of my life. My youth, Independence, and my desire to be Sophisticated. It's funny, but I try to maintain these same attributes today. I'm not as young as I was then, but I'm definitely still very youthful. My Independence takes on a new meaning now that I'm married with a family, and as far as sophistication goes, well....don't we ALL aspire to be? Many things in life change, some changes are very good, but it's the special things that stay the same that bring us true comfort. Just like  a good cup of Chai tea. Don't forget to share a cup with a friend. Then you can create new memories.
Just a thought....but a Lovely one.

My Chai Tea
1 Spiced Chai Tea bag
2-3 shots (or Tsps) of Vanilla syrup
1/2 a tsp of sugar
Lots of whipped cream
A sprinkle of cinnamon
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks yummy!

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom has always been a big tea drinker but me, not so much! however, this does sound yummy. i might have to give it a try. i was wondering why i wasnt getting any updates of your blog. i thought i was already a follower. i am now! i hope you had a wonderful christmas with your cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

My Favorites