welcome

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What do You believe?


I have written about a couple of my passions these last few months. My love of God, my family, my home, my magazines, and etc. The name of this blog is Moms for Morality not merely for family and home life, but for the hardcore issues that affect and threaten our home and beliefs. Recently in the news a second grader was sent home for drawing a picture of  a crucifix when asked for something that reminded him of the holiday. His family had recently visited a National shrine of crucifixes.He was immediately removed from the classroom, involved in a psychiatric evaluation and his parents were notified for him to go home until further notice. After the exam results were fine, the school refused to apologize to the boy or his family for the trauma that the child received from the whole ordeal , yet agreed with the parents to have the boy transferred. I ask you, is this fair? Is a child's belief system such a harmful thing that they have to be removed from the school? Has religion posed such a threat on our education system that the school board feels obligated to rid themselves of students with opposing belief or Any belief? I have family members and close friends who are everything from principals to special education teachers, so I am NOT condemning the entire school system. I'm simply saying that it's kind of scary when it's safer to believe in a Santa Claus, who for some people never existed, than a God who's real to so many........Just a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow

My Favorites