welcome

Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Talented Sister-in-Love

My youngest Brother, Josiah, met and married shortly after my husband and I moved to Atlanta. Unfortunately I was unable to make the wedding, so I had to befriend my dear sister-in-law through pleasant phone call, facebook contacts and all of the other modern conviences. Finally this Thanksgiving, My Husband, children and I made the long drive home to Michigan to celebrate spend the Holidays with Family and Friends. I had the pleasure of hugging my new sister-in-law, or as I like to say, Sister-in-Love. She was so excited at the prospect of seeing her nephews in person that she used her enormous amount of talent in knitting to make them the most INCREDIBLE homemade gifts. I was not only deeply touched by her thougthfulness, but throughly impressed at her amazing creativity. Here's a few pictures of what she made for the boys. It includes everything from a spaceship for Micah(aliens and astronauts included) to a Lion for my son Zion (which is cute wordplay for our nickname for him"Zion the Lion")






I was blown away by everything, including the personalized choo-choo train banks she lovingly made for them. These gifts are to me what presents are really suppose to mean"that someone thought of us". Not only one day, but everyday it took her to plan, prepare, and of course knit. I'm not sure how long it took her to make, but I am sure that I'll never forget that she did........Just a thought, but a Lovely one. Thanks Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow

My Favorites